A friend posted this on Facebook, and I thought it would be fun to do here. I’ve seen other bloggers share such things, and I think they can be a good way to get to know the person on the other end of the wire. Happy Saturday! I have a recipe for you next week, so keep an eye out for it. I also was given a couple new products to test, so a review on those will be coming around soon too.
1. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE?
Not that I’m aware of.
2. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED?
Last week. I was having an anxiety attack.
3. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING?
It’s my handwriting. It’s never going to change. It’s not the prettiest, but I’m okay with that.
4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT?
Probably pastrami. I haven’t had it in a really long time, but I love the flavor.
5. DO YOU HAVE KIDS?
I don’t, and they’re not in the plans. I’m happy to be a good auntie.
6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON, WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU?
Sure. I really can be a lot of fun, and I laugh at my own jokes enough already!
7. DO YOU USE SARCASM?
I don’t think I use it very often. It can be annoying, and lead to miscommunication and hurt feelings.
8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS?
9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP?
No, it’s not something that excites me.
10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL?
I love a bowl of hot teff with chopped prunes, coconut oil, and a touch of honey.
11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF?
Sometimes. It depends on the shoes.
13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM?
Oh, I can’t decide between Butter Pecan, Vanilla Swiss Almond, Pistachio, and Pralines-n-cream. When I was a kid I had so much love for Rocky Road and Heavenly Hash, but not anymore. I must have had my fill.
14. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE?
Whether or not they’re smiling.
15. RED OR PINK?
Red. It’s an on again, off again favorite color.
16. WHAT IS YOUR LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF?
My perfectionism. It’s something I’m working on. It is something I can change.
17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST?
I miss many people, but I’m so lucky to see them when I can.
18. DO YOU WANT EVERYONE TO COMPLETE THIS LIST?
19. WHAT COLOR PANTS AND SHOES ARE YOU WEARING?
Jean shorts and bare feet. It’s Hawai‘i in March!
21. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW?
The purring of my cat, and the singing of the birds.
22. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE?
No one crayon in the box matches me. I am a rainbow of colors!
23. FAVORITE SMELLS?
Citrus, lavender, and clean laundry.
24. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE?
My dad. I’ve been trying to help him decide on a new iPad or tablet pc.
25. DO YOU LIKE THE PERSON WHO SENT THIS TO YOU?
Yes. While we don’t talk much anymore, I am glad for the memories we share.
26. FAVORITE SPORTS TO WATCH?
Polo! I haven’t been to a match in a while, but it sure is a fun way to spend a Sunday.
27. HAIR COLOR?
Natural dark blonde.
28. EYE COLOR?
Brown eyed girl!
29. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS?
No. I love the look of glasses on my face, but I have no need for lenses. I absolutely love the old time term for glasses: cheaters.
30. FAVORITE FOOD?
Coconut! I’ve always loved coconuts, and shrimp. Though, I must say that vegetables fresh from the garden, and a good steak are near the top of the list.
31. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS?
Happy endings. I have never been able to watch scary movies. I was shown Freddy Krueger by my sitter when I was a child, and since then I have not been able to handle scary films. The last one I saw was Sin City, and that’s because the previews didn’t make it seem like it was going to be so awful. I hid my face in Devin’s shoulder most of the film, and even then it took a while for me to shake it out of my mind.
32. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED?
Oz the Great and Powerful. It was pretty fun and cute. I’d get it and watch it again. I thought it was a little short on plot and character depth, but the visuals were stunning.
33. WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING?
34. Summer or winter?
Winter. I much prefer winter over summer. Now, you might ask why I live on Maui if I prefer cool weather and then I will have to refer you to a relief map. I don’t live by the beach. I love my mountain life.
35. HUGS OR KISSES?
What, I can’t have both? If I had to choose, I’d go for the hugs.
37. MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND?
Golly, nobody has to respond and I’m not even sure who would.
38. LEAST LIKELY TO RESPOND?
Somewhere near 7.074 billion people, give or take a few.
39. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW?
The Merlin Trilogy by Mary Stewart, plus some books for school.
40. WHAT IS ON YOUR MOUSE PAD?
I use a track pad, and nothing is on it because I am typing.
41. WHAT DID YOU WATCH ON TV LAST NIGHT?
I didn’t watch TV last night. I listened to the audiobook for “Mort” by Terry Pratchett. You could count my yoga video though if you want.
42. FAVORITE SOUND(S).
The wind through tall eucalyptus trees, and the voices and laughter of those I love.
43. ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES?
The Beatles. No particular reason.
44. WHAT IS THE FARTHEST YOU HAVE BEEN FROM HOME?
I live on Maui and visit my family on the East Coast of the United States mainland. I think that’s a pretty good distance.
45. DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT?
I’m a pretty good cook.
46. WHERE WERE U BORN?
47. WHOSE ANSWERS ARE YOU LOOKING FORWARD TO GETTING BACK?
I expect nothing.
48. HOW DID YOU MEET YOUR SPOUSE/SIGNIFICANT OTHER?
We met online, but not on a dating service. It was through a web community he built prior to the advent of Myspace or Facebook.