School is finally finished! I will have a few weeks during which I hopefully can post some more.
In the mean time, enjoy the Links of the Week.
- I wanted to know how to make powdered sugar from scratch the other day because I was out, but I didn’t have much luck in my food processor. But, according to Stephanie at Keeper of the Home, I should have used my blender and put in less sugar. I like that she is also teaching how to make powdered sugar from unrefined sugar.
- Here’s how to make Green Bean Casserole from scratch with real foods. I like that she offers the option of making the sauce with arrowroot powder, but she does mention using bread crumbs on top. So, just make yourself some gluten free bread crumbs from scratch, or purchase some at the store.
- How about some Gingersnaps that are grain free and dairy free?
- Jenn Cuisine has a recipe for Savory Buckwheat Groats with Spinach, Sausage and Celeriac. It looks like it would make a good breakfast or dinner.
- I am so going to have to make this! Espresso Black Bean Chili from Mark Bittman.
- The winter season is often all about soups. Here’s a hearty looking soup from No Gluten, No Problem. White Bean Chicken Soup.
- Wow! This Gluten Free Honey Oat Sandwich Bread at The Gluten Free Spouse looks amazing!
- Need another dessert? Cranberry Swirl Cheesecake from Simply Sugar & Gluten Free.
- Do you have any idea of what to do with all of those Christmas cards you receive? If not, here are some ideas from Kitchen Stewardship.
- Do you need last minute gift ideas? Here are 5 non-traditional ideas.
Some non-food posts: